SUPPORT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT: Share this Tanner Gun Show Page

Can I purchase tickets in advance?

Yes, purchase on the home page at the particular show location section. There is a “Buy Tickets” button.

If I buy a gun do I have to go through a registration process or background check?

There is no gun registration law in Colorado, but you will have to go through a background check at the show. Background checks usually take about 15 minutes.

What do I need to bring with me/ What is the procedure for buying a gun?

You need is a valid Colorado Driver’s License or other state issued, picture ID. When you buy a gun, the dealer (or the table at the front of the show will run the required background check on you. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes and you can continue walking around the show while it is being done. Once you pass the background check, you can leave with your gun.

Can I get a background check done in advance so I am cleared when I get there?

Unfortunately, no. A background check has to be tied to each purchase so there is no way to just get a background check without tying a specific gun (or guns) to it.

Can I bring firearms to the show to sell or trade?

Absolutely! Personal firearms may be brought into the show for sell or trade. Each firearm must be unloaded prior to entering the building and checked by security at the admission desk.

I have a concealed carry permit. Am I allowed to bring my gun in loaded?

No. You may bring your gun in, but it must be unloaded and checked by security at the admissions desk and the firing mechanism tied. For safety reasons, absolutely NO loaded guns are allowed in the show. This includes concealed carry permit holders.

How old do you have to be to attend the show or buy a gun?

Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Individuals 18 or older can purchase a long gun (shotgun or rifle), but must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun.

I am not a Colorado resident. Can I purchase a gun?

If you do not have a valid Colorado driver’s license, you can buy a long gun (rifle or shotgun), and take it with you. For handgun purchases, you could buy it but you would have to have the dealer transfer it to a dealer with a Federal Firearms License (FFL), in your home state and you could pick it up there. If you live in one of the neighboring states this is a fairly common occurrence and a simple procedure.

How do I get a Concealed Carry Permit?

First, you will have to attend a gun safety class taught by NRA certified instructors. Once you attend the class you will get a certificate. At that time you need to contact your local sheriff’s office who can guide through the rest of the process. Tac*One Consulting offers gun safety classes at each of our shows. Classes are 3 hours and are held on Saturday and Sunday during the show. Class times change so please contact Tac*One Consulting at (720) 432-3229 for more information or to register for the classes.

Are purchases subject to sales tax?

Yes, all purchases are subject to sales tax. Some dealers add it on to the price of the product at the time of sale and others include the tax in the price. For the Denver show, the tax rate in Adams County is 4.75%.